Candida Die Off Symptoms
Candida Die Off Symptoms Explained
Candida is a yeast like fungus which is created in our bodies.
Small amounts of Candida are perfectly normal however when this fungus becomes overgrown problems can occur.
These problems include skin rashes, internal infections, digestive issues, migraines and a whole slew of unpleasant side effects.
Because overgrowth is often caused by external influences like too much sugar in the diet or not enough fiber, a few dietary changes can stop the growth of Candida.
When Candida doesn’t get the fuel it needs to survive, remember it is a yeast like fungus and thrives on sugars, it begins to die. This die off process can cause some symptoms, which can be problematic.
Here are the symptoms to look out for and how you can manage them.
Why Candida Die off Occurs
Candida is a living organism. Think about when you are baking bread. You add warm water and a bit of sugar to the yeast and it comes alive. It grows and multiplies right in front of you.
When this type of a fungus is in your body it releases by products which cause your original Candida symptoms.
Now when this fungus is dying because it’s essentially being starved, it actually releases more of these by products which are considered toxins.
Now your body can handle a certain level of toxins, that’s what your liver is for however when they’re released at a significantly rapid rate, as they are in the die off process, your body cannot manage them.
What are Candida die off symptoms and how long do they last.Candida die off symptoms are different for everyone. For some they last only a week for others they can last for several weeks and can be quite severe.
Candida die off symptoms include:
• Blurry vision
• Heightened anger reactions
• Diarrhea or constipation
• Joint pain
• Muscle pains and body aches
• Sore throat
• Skin breakouts
• Low grade fever
• Sore throat
• Body itch
• Muscle and / or joint soreness or pain
• Flu type symptoms
To help your body eliminate toxins it’s important to:
• Make sure you drink a lot of fluids, water of course being the best. Teas, coffees, fruit juice and alcohol will only feed your Candida which of course would negate your attempts to rid your body of the fungus.
• Take Epsom salt baths. Epsom salts pull the toxins from your muscles naturally and are often recommended by doctors for sprains and strains. Put one or two cups of salts into your running bath water and soak for at least twenty minutes.
If you live near a hot spring then skip the bath and head on in, the natural minerals in a hot spring will really help you detoxify.
• Sweating in a sauna or steam bath will also help you purge the toxins from your body. By all means stay on your Candida elimination diet and make sure you’re getting enough fiber to keep your digestive system moving regularly.
Candida die off can be a difficult process to manage. Know that if you’re able to stick to your guns the process will be over soon. Take good care of your body and do what you can to facilitate the detoxification process.